Novice cyclists given masterclass from world champion at St Ives cyclone launch
- Credit: Alan Bennett / Media Imaging Sol
Dozens of lucky cyclists and fitness enthusiasts were given the chance to cycle alongside an Olympic champion at an indoor cycling masterclass.
Former world champion and Olympic medallist, in rowing and cycling, Rebecca Romero passed on her valuable tricks on the sport at the launch of One Leisure’s Cyclone classes at the Burgess Hall, in St Ives.
Supported by a master trainer from Matrix Fitness, 99 budding athletes were put through their passes on Matrix IC7 bikes, used by the likes of British Cycling’s Laura Trott and Dani King.
The bikes work by using a ‘Coach by Colour’ programme, enabling the rider to tailor the sessions to their ability. This means people of all capabilities can train in the same session.
Five colours, grey, blue, green, yellow and red range from ‘very light’ to ‘maximum’ workouts and sit in front of the rider.
You may also want to watch:
They also provide key fitness information, like heart rate, speed, distance and power-to-weight ratio.
For more information about Cyclone Indoor Cycling and details of special offers including 12 months membership for £99 visit www.oneleisure.net.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding