Luminus, in partnership with The Hunts Post, has announced the official opening for nominations for the 2017 Community Inspiration Awards.
The annual awards celebrate local unsung heroes who go the extra mile to serve their communities and make Cambridgeshire a better place to live and work.
This year there are six award categories to celebrate those in the community who are making a significant difference to people’s lives.
The six categories are:
• Community Achievement (Group) – sponsored by Luminus
• Community Achievement (Individual) – sponsored by T Clarke East.
• Young Achiever – sponsored by M.A Motors of St Neots
• Good Neighbour – sponsored by Anthony Collins Solicitors.
• Inspirational Family – sponsored by Aspen Build.
• Outstanding Leadership – sponsored by C&S Builders.
Chan Abraham, Luminus Group chief executive, who founded the Awards and is one of the Community Inspiration Award judges, said: “The Community Inspiration Awards are an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of ordinary people who are achieving extraordinary things and changing the world where they are. In 2017, our Year of New Beginnings, these awards are a great way to celebrate the contribution of people who work tirelessly to make our neighbourhoods better places to live.”
Nominations are now open and people are encouraged to send in submissions for those they believe are deserving of one of these awards.
Simply go to www.communityinspirationawards.org.uk/nominate and fill in the online form.
Nominations close on Friday, May 19. The awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday, July 4.