Nominate Huntingdonshire worthy cause to win £500 as Hunts Post and Taylor Wimpey team up for Community Chest award
- Credit: Archant
The time has come to again nominate a Huntingdonshire good cause to receive £500 in our Community Chest scheme.
Homebuilder Taylor Wimpey has teamed up with The Hunts Post for a second year to donate £500 to an organisation making a real difference to people’s lives in the district.
Last year, a number of community groups were nominated to receive the fund but, following a readers’ vote, it was Dreamer’s Bar, a popular café for young people with disabilities in Huntingdon, that was chosen as the winner.
We’re asking you to nominate worthy causes in our district which you feel are most deserving of this cash award.
It could be a charity, community group, school or club – but it needs to be an organisation which makes a difference.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations are open until April 1. A shortlist will be drawn up before readers can vote for their favourite.
Shortlisted nominations for the Community Chest will also receive the added bonus of publicity in The Hunts Post to help raise their profile.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
Caroline Carter, sales and marketing director for Taylor Wimpey East Anglia, which is behind the Knights Park development, in St Neots, said: “I’d urge readers to get involved with the initiative by nominating a good cause – it could be a cause close to their heart or a local organisation they believe deserves a boost.”
INFORMATION: Send your nomination to email email@example.com with ‘Community Chest nomination’ in the subject line. Remember to include your name, telephone number, details of the organisation you are nominating, and why you think it should win.