Nominate Huntingdonshire worthy cause to win £500 as Hunts Post and Taylor Wimpey team up for Community Chest award
- Credit: Archant
The time has come to again nominate a Huntingdonshire good cause to receive £500 in our Community Chest scheme.
Homebuilder Taylor Wimpey has teamed up with The Hunts Post for a second year to donate £500 to an organisation making a real difference to people’s lives in the district.
Last year, a number of community groups were nominated to receive the fund but, following a readers’ vote, it was Dreamer’s Bar, a popular café for young people with disabilities in Huntingdon, that was chosen as the winner.
We’re asking you to nominate worthy causes in our district which you feel are most deserving of this cash award.
It could be a charity, community group, school or club – but it needs to be an organisation which makes a difference.
Nominations are open until April 1. A shortlist will be drawn up before readers can vote for their favourite.
Shortlisted nominations for the Community Chest will also receive the added bonus of publicity in The Hunts Post to help raise their profile.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 10 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
Caroline Carter, sales and marketing director for Taylor Wimpey East Anglia, which is behind the Knights Park development, in St Neots, said: “I’d urge readers to get involved with the initiative by nominating a good cause – it could be a cause close to their heart or a local organisation they believe deserves a boost.”
INFORMATION: Send your nomination to email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Community Chest nomination’ in the subject line. Remember to include your name, telephone number, details of the organisation you are nominating, and why you think it should win.