Nine fire crews tackle Huntingdonshire farm house blaze for four hours
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdonshire home has been severely damaged after a fire broke out yesterday (Tuesday).
Nine fire crews from Sawtry, Kimbolton, Stanground, Huntingdon, Oundle, St Neots, Yaxley and RAF Molesworth were called to a farm in Church Lane, Winwick, at 4.27pm.
No-one had been in the detached farm house, measuring 25 sq m, at the time of the fire.
The fire took four hours to extinguish and has made the building structurally unsound.
Most of the roof has been destroyed by the fire.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “All crews had left the scene by midnight and one crew from Huntingdon remained on site overnight continuing to dampen down any remaining hotspots.
“A fire investigation is underway to determine the cause of the fire. Early indications show there are no suspicious circumstances.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her