Newly weds spend their honeymoon doing what they love
- Credit: Archant
Following their wedding just before Christmas, Cy and Mel Gearing set off for a honeymoon in New York in January.
Cy and Mel Gearing married shortly before Christmas and set off on their honeymoon to New York in January.
The couple, who are members of the BRJ running club in Huntingdon, decided to go and see the sites of the Big Apple but couldn’t resist pulling on their trainers and pounding the Tarmac, too.
The couple signed up to take part in the New York Runners Club Fred Lebow Half Marathon.
The race, which consisted of a four-lap circuit of Central Park, featured more than 5,000 runners, including the newlyweds in their BRJ club kits.
Cy finished in 33rd place in 1 hour and 22 minutes and Mel finished in a little more than two hours.
Cy said: “Mel decided some years ago that she would create a bucket list of all the things we wanted to do. On this bucket list there was run around Central Park. So once we booked our honeymoon to New York we looked to see if there were any races that we could go and saw that this half marathon was on.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 5 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 6 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 7 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 8 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
“The race went reasonably well, and I even qualified to do the New York half marathon next year, which I’m not sure whether or not I will do.”
The couple, who were married at the George Hotel, in Huntingdon, on December 9, are both keen runners and decided to incorporate that in their honeymoon.
Cy added: “We decided to get married in December because it would have been seven years to the day that we met, and we thought that would be really special.
“The wedding was brilliant and so was the honeymoon and I’m so glad we got to do something we both love doing whilst we were there.”