New trust award to give public the chance to nominate hospital hero who has gone the extra mile
- Credit: Archant
Has a member of staff or volunteer at Hinchingbrooke Hospital gone above and beyond the call of duty during your visit?
The trust in charge of the hospital wants to hear from readers of the Hunts Post about individuals or teams of staff who deserve extra recognition, so they can be honoured in our the trust’s annual Outstanding Achievement Awards in October.
This year will be the first celebration of the newly-merged trust, which includes Peterborough City, Hinchingbrooke and Stamford Hospitals.
Rob Hughes, chairman of the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust, said: “We’re very excited for this year’s awards as it not only celebrates the well-deserved public recognition our staff receive from patients and visitors, but also the hard work and dedication they have put in as we’ve come through a challenging year.
“The Hospital Hero awards are especially important as it provides staff with a job satisfaction like no other – to know they have made a real difference to someone’s life, to have made a difficult experience that little bit easier, it means an awful lot.
“We are always amazed at the number of entries we receive and the time people have taken to write a nomination.”
The trust has teamed up with the Hunts Post to gather nominations for the Hospital Hero, Public Recognition Award for Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
This is a new award dedicated to finding one member of staff who has excelled beyond expectations in caring for patients and visitors.
The deadline to nominate your Hospital Hero is Wednesday, September 13.
Send in details of why you’d like to nominate the staff member, along with their full name and department if known, to email@example.com, or call 01733 678024.
The name for the merged hospital trust was selected by public vote following the merger of Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust combine in April.
A poll in which six short-listed names were put forward for consideration, attracted 4,500 votes.