New trike for fundraising hero Isla
- Credit: HASTINGS FAMILY
St Neots champion fundraiser Isla Hastings has been presented with a new trike, thanks to a kind-hearted local radio listener.
Isla, aged seven, has been raising money for the Addenbrooke's Hospital Charitable Trust and has managed to raise more than £10,000 so far.
Isla receives regular treatment for a condition called Freeman Sheldon Syndrome and has been treated at Addenbrooke's Hospital since birth.
In March, she completed a 46-mile cycling challenge at Pocket Park, in St Neots, but has now outgrown her trike.
Ted Davies, heard about Isla's fundraising on the St Neots-based Black Cat Radio show and he bought her a new one after breakfast show presenter Ste Greenall told listeners Isla, from Love's Farm, had outgrowing her trike.
“Dave, at Bikenv, painted the trike in Isla’s favourite colour and painted her name on it. She is absolutely delighted, so thrilled and happy," said Ste.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000