New survey rates Papworth Hospital ‘better’ and Hinchingbrooke Hospital ‘about the same’ as other trusts
PAPWORTH has scored better than other healthcare trusts for its outpatient services in a national survey conducted by the Care Quality Commission, results of which were released last week.
More than 600 Papworth Hospital patients took part in the CQC’s national outpatient department survey conducted from July to October 2011. Patients were quizzed on their experience making appointments, waiting times in hospital, the hospital environment, their experience of seeing a doctor and another professional, and the service after they left the outpatients department.
In seven out of nine sections Papworth Hospital scored better than other trusts and the same for two sections – waiting times and appointments.
On average patients rated their experience of seeing a doctor at Papworth Hospital as 9.4 out of 10, and their experience of seeing another professional as 9.3 out of 10.
The hospital was also particularly praised by patients for the cleanliness of the outpatient departments, scoring 9.4 out of 10.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust scored ‘about the same’ in all nine sections of the survey.
Five hundred and twenty Hinchingbrooke patients took part in the survey, and gave the hospital an overall score of 8.8 out of 10. The average score for seeing a doctor and seeing another professional was 8.7 out of 10.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry