New sponsor for Fringe in the Fen festival
ANOTHER Huntingdonshire business has come out in support of this years’ Fringe in the Fen arts and music festival. St Ives-based Mick George Skips is the latest in a long line of companies to sponsor the event, which takes place in July.
FEN-TASTIC: A new Huntingdonshire arts and music festival is going from strength to strength, attracting an array of supporters.
The Fringe in the Fen is taking place in Fenstanton in July, featuring a variety of music and comedy, including a Proms in the Park special event at Fenstanton Manor on July 16.
Organisers have proved very successful in getting Huntingdonshire companies to support the festival - the latest being St Ives-based Mick George skips. Other companies already supporting the event include Anglian Water, Dairy Crest and Maxine Lester Residential Lettings.
Mick George will be sponsoring the Tippett (correct) Quartet, which, as regulars at the BBC Proms, the Royal Opera House and one of the world’s most important recital venues, the Wigmore Hall in London, is expected to be one of the classical highlights of the week-long festival.
You may also want to watch:
All ticket sales from the group’s performance will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support.
Company owner Mick George told The Hunts Post: “We are proud to be associated with Fringe in the Fen and delighted that our funding of the Tippett Quartet will ensure all funds go directly to Macmillan Cancer Support.”
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
INFORMATION: The Tippett Quartet will perform at the Parish Church of St Peter and St Paul on Tuesday, July 12 at 8pm. Tickets �15, �10 concessions available by calling 01480 352826. For details about what’s on when, see www.fringeinthefen.co/index.html