St Ives vicar is newly appointed senior padre for Cambridgeshire army cadets
- Credit: Archant
A vicar from St Ives has taken up the appointment of senior army cadet padre for Cambridgeshire.
Padre Mark Amey, will take up the position with the Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force from July 1 following the retirement of Senior Padre Ryk Parkinson.
Padres are commissioned into the Royal Army Chaplains Department and have especial responsibility for spiritual, moral and welfare matters.
They are available to all and have a duty to serve the needs of the 750 Cadets and 150 adults leaders who form the Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force.
Padre Mark, who will work alongside Padre Paula Spaulding, has been married for 30 years to Kathy and they have three children. His hobbies include biking and continental driving.
You may also want to watch:
Col. Mark Knight MBE DL Commandant, said: “Padre Mark has been a member of the county padre team for over two years now so he has a good grounding in the needs of the county ACF.
“Congratulations on his new appointment”.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Padre Mark can be contacted at email@example.com