New partnership will help fund work of cancer support charity
- Credit: Archant
A construction company has built on its fundraising efforts by partnering up with Macmillan Cancer Support.
Mick George, which is based in Huntingdon, has joined forces with the charity for the next 12 months.
To kick-start the initiative the company has already pledged £1,500.
Claire Singlehurst, director of relationship fundraising at Macmillan, said: “Mick George’s involvement and commitment will help us provide support and services for people, their friends and families living with cancer.
“We are looking forward to working with them and developing an exciting programme of activity over the next 12 months.”
You may also want to watch:
The company has also decided to back the British Heart Foundation following an overwhelming response for applications for its Charity of the Year.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan