New owners hoping to give gym-goers a lift
- Credit: Archant
A new gym has opened its door in Huntingdon to help expand the appeal of bodybuilding in the town.
Sylvester Wacko and Mark Nightingale opened Evo Gym, in Clifton Road, on May 1, taking over from the former Musclecraft gym.
“Me and my wife had a little gym just for personal training but we wanted to expand. We heard that the owner of Musclecraft was selling and we just bought it,” said Sylvester, from Peterborough.
“We thought the gym had much bigger potential than what was currently there. We were thinking that because there are around seven similar gyms in Peterborough,
Huntingdon would be perfect as this is the only one in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
Since taking over the gym Sylvester, his wife, Emma, and Mark, have revamped the unit by bringing in new equipment, new personal trainers and they have redecorated.
“We want to spread the news that this gym isn’t just a gym for men, it is a gym for guys and girls,” Sylvester, 35, said.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
“We are both [Sylvester and Emma] competing bodybuilders and that’s our passion and that’s what we like to do.”
Following its opening earlier this month, the gym has already had more than 30 new members sign up including older people and some with disabilities.
“We are very happy with how it is going, the atmosphere has been brilliant,” added Sylvester.
Sylvester started training as a bodybuilder when he was in the armed forces.
He said: “I was also training as a power lifter then I was invited to train to compete in a body building show and then I started winning.”
To find out more about the gym search Evo Gym on Facebook, or call 01480