New opening hours after post office refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Officials have promised there will be “no closure” of Huntingdon’s post office while work gets under way to add a new financial services area to the premises.
The branch, in High Street, will also be redecorated and new signage added during the work, which begins on Saturday, January 30.
The work is set to be completed by February 5.
The new financial services area is being created for customers to speak to an advisor about the range of financial services that the Post Office offers.
When the work is complete, officials say that the branch opening hours will changed, with both the opening and closing times pushed back by half an hour later.
You may also want to watch:
The opening hours will be Monday to Friday: 9am-6pm; Saturday: 9am-6pm; and Sunday: 11am-3pm.
John Dutton, Post Office senior account manager, said: “We know how important Post Office services are to residents in Huntingdon. There will be no closure during the refurbishment.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
“We are confident this vibrant modern post office, at the heart of the community, will be popular. The modernisation is part of a major Government investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office.”