New outside mural at St Neots academy
- Credit: MIDDLEFIELD
Pupils and staff at Middlefield Primary Academy in St Neots now have a much more interesting outside space thanks to the efforts of a Cambridgeshire artist.
The work of art at the Eynesbury school was carried out by artist and counsellor Tim Shucker-Yates, and his apprentice Rosa, and has transformed the playground.
A competition was held in school to decide a design for the mural. The winning entry from each year group was chosen. (Daud, now Y7, Martha Y6, Lou Y5, Oliver Y4, Sonnie Y3, Olivia Y2 and Taylor Y1).
The school’s PTA funded the mural and Glenda Dunn, the school’s art and design lead, co-ordinated the project.
Headteacher Carol Besant said: "The children absolutely loved seeing the weekly transformation of the mural.
"Tim and Rosa were an absolute joy to have in school and interacted with all of the children.
"Also, we are so lucky to have such a dedicated team of parents on our PTA. Huge thanks to them for funding this project."
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary