New mobile postal service proposed for Little Paxton
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a mobile post office service have been announced for Little Paxton.
The village’s Post Office branch, based at The Anchor, in High Street, closed temporarily in August due to the resignation of the postmaster after the pub was sold to a new owner.
The postmaster from Hemingford Grey Post Office currently operates a mobile service in the area and is willing to extend the service to Little Paxton.
Phillipa Newey, from the Post Office, said: “Since the branch closed, we’ve continued to look at options to enable us to restore local access to services. We are delighted to be able to offer a mobile van service for the benefit of the community.”
It is proposed that the mobile van service will visit the village hall car park, off High Street, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 2-4pm.
The new service is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, October 11.
The Post Office is inviting customers and interested parties to give their comments on the plan in a six-week public consultation.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 5 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
The consultation will close on November 4. Submissions can be made during the consultation by post to Your Comments, Post Office Ltd, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the customer helpline on 03457 223344. Customers can also share their views online through a questionnaire at postofficeviews.co.uk with the branch code 479458.