New town mayor shows her support for community association
- Credit: Archant
A new mayor of Godmanchester has been appointed and her first act was to award funding to town projects.
Councillor Sarah Conboy was sworn in as mayor at Godmanchester Town Council’s annual meeting on May 18.
Following the ceremony, Cllr Conboy drew the numbers for the Community Association’s 800 Club which raises money for town initiatives.
This year the association will be raising funds for Picnic in the Park, the GMC Cookery and Craft Club, the St Mary’s floor restoration, along with a rolling fund for future projects.
Cllr Conboy said: “I’m delighted to serve as the town’s mayor and pleased to be able to support the community association’s work.
You may also want to watch:
“It does so much for our town and it’s very much appreciated by our residents.
“None of it would be possible without the hard-working volunteers who give their
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
time and energy. I’d like to thank them publicly for all they do.”
Alongside Cllr Conboy a new deputy mayor for the town was appointed, Councillor Dick Taplin.