National retailer confirms another closure in Huntingdonshire
- Credit: Archant
The clothing store New Look is set to close the doors to its St Ives branch in October.
The fashion chain has confirmed to the Hunts Post that its Crown Street store will be closing on October 15, amid a raft of closures across the country.
The firm’s St Neots store, which is located on the Market Square, is also set to close on the same day. The Huntingdon branch closed back in July.
The news comes after the retailer released a statement in March confirming plans to close some of its existing stores around the UK due to poor trading performance and increasing pressure from internet retailers.
At the time, St Ives was not mentioned in the list of stores that were set to close, but the firm’s head office confirmed the closure on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for New Look was unable to confirm how many jobs would be affected by the announcement.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester