Fashion retailer confirms plan to close town store
- Credit: Archant
The clothing store New Look is set to close its doors on Saturday.
The shop, which is located in High Street, announced the move in posters put up in its windows.
The news comes after the retailer released a statement back in March confirming plans to close some of its existing stores due to poor trading performance. At the time, Huntingdon was not mentioned in the list of stores that were set to close, but the firm’s head office confirmed the closure last week.
The news comes as Magnet Kitchens prepares to open in Chequers Court.
Stores including TK Maxx, Next, Marks and Spencer, Holland and Barrett, Three and Cards Direct have all recently opened in the development.
You may also want to watch:
Despite New Look closing, figures were released by BID Huntingdon earlier this year that showed that the introduction of the revamped Chequers Court shopping area had helped increase footfall in the town by more the 14 per cent year-on-year.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer