New-look funeral home unveiled in Sawtry
ANGLIA Co-operative’s newest funeral home was dedicated at a special service on Saturday (April 21).
Clergy from three neighbouring churches were involved.
The Rev Rosie Ward, Rector of Sawtry and Glatton, the Rev Katy Dunn, from Sawtry Methodist Church, and Father John Minh, of St Luke’s Roman Catholic Church in Peterborough, all helped with the dedication and service at the Green End Road, Sawtry, funeral home, which opened in December.
After the service Anglia Co-operative board chairman Harry Whitelock unveiled a commemorative plaque, watched by the society’s chief executive John Chillcott, colleagues from other Anglia Co-operative funeral homes across the area and members of the public.
Anglia Co-operative Funerals’ senior branch manager, Graham Wallace, said: “The service and dedication was a resounding success attended by a lot of people.
You may also want to watch:
“The funeral home has been very well received by Sawtry residents since it opened in December and Saturday’s ceremony was a fitting endorsement of the home and the service we provide local people.”
Pictured (from left) are: Shailesh Vara MP, funeral director Brendan Smith, Co-op chief executive John Chillcott, funeral arrangers Eileen Gregory and June Underwood, and Co-op area manager Graham Wallace.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess