New lights welcomed by St Neots tennis club members
- Credit: Archant
Members of the St Neots Lawn Tennis Club have thanked those who helped transform their St Anselm Place site with the installation of modern floodlights.
Its original floodlights were installed more than 24 years ago and it was decided last year that they were becoming difficult to maintain and expensive to run.
Club secretary John George said: “The floodlights are an important feature of the club because they allow external league matches, internal tournaments and social tennis to be played on summer evenings and during the winter months.”
Through the help of grants from St Neots Town Council, Huntingdonshire District Council and Bosch Rexroth the club were able to install LED technology lights.
Mr George said: “LED technology has only recently started to extend to local/club level tennis. We were only the second tennis club in the country to adopt the system.
You may also want to watch:
“The committee and the club members are enormously grateful to the two councils, to Bakerail Services Ltd, who installed the lights, and to Bosch Rexroth for their support.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester