New jobs to be created as B&M plans Huntingdon store
- Credit: Jason Lock
Fifty new jobs are to be created with the opening of a new B&M store in Huntingdon.
The company confirmed plans today (Monday) to open a new store and garden centre in the town.
The discount retailer will take possession of the former Office Outlet site on Huntingdon Retail Park, off St Peters Road, in June and plans to open the store in the summer.
The store is set to undergo a comprehensive internal and external refurbishment programme, the firm said.
A spokesman from B&M said: "We're feeling really positive about the creation of more jobs for local people and we hope customers are going to be delighted with their new store.
You may also want to watch:
"We are all really excited to get the doors open and welcome our new customers through the door in the summer."
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise