New independent cafe opens its doors in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
A café specialising in handcrafted food, and brunch at the weekend, has opened its doors in St Ives.
Little Acre Kitchen, in Crown Street, serves breakfast and lunch items, and will be open for restaurant evenings on Thursdays and Fridays from June.
Owned by husband and wife team, Dominic and Elizabeth Hall, the café offers sweet treats as well, like doughnut of the day and hot chocolate, and even delivers to a nearby science park.
Mrs Hall said: “We’re focusing on using as much local produce as possible. It’s more food than cake. We’re really excited, and it’s been so far so good.”
The couple, both 29, live in Warboys and already have culinary experience – Mr Hall works as a chef onsite while Mrs Hall used to be assistant manger at The Cock, in Hemingford Grey.
You may also want to watch:
Not content on just one business venture though, Mrs Hall also runs an events business behind the café.
“We only opened a week ago and we’ve already had positive feedback,” she added.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Little Acre Kitchen is open Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm, 10am to 4pm on Saturdays and 10am to 3pm on Sundays.