Trust which runs Hinchingbrooke Hospital appoints new chief executive
- Credit: Archant
A new chief executive for Hinchingbrooke Hospital has been announced.
Caroline Walker is to become chief executive of the trust that runs Peterborough City, Hinchingbrooke and Stamford hospitals.
Ms Walker, who is currently deputy chief executive and finance director for the North West Anglia NHS Trust, will succeed Stephen Graves, who announced his retirement in May.
Trust chairman, Rob Hughes said: “I am delighted to announce Caroline’s move into the chief executive role. Her service to our organisation has been exemplary, particularly her work to support the merger of our hospitals. I know I speak on behalf of the whole trust board when I say we are looking forward to working with her.”
Ms Walker began working for Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals Trust in April 2013 when she joined as finance director and led the work to merge the trust with Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust which culminated in April 2017 when North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust began operation.
You may also want to watch:
Her career in finance within the NHS dates back to 1982 and has seen her work at University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Barts and the London NHS Trust. She has also been chief operating officer at Loughborough University.
She said: “I am delighted and proud to be taking up this role following a period of transition with our current chief executive, Stephen Graves.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured