New homes under construction next to former RAF site
- Credit: Archant
New homes currently being built next to the former RAF Upwood site are due to be finished this summer, according to a housebuilder.
Sixty new houses are currently under construction in Upwood.
De Havilland Gardens is the name for the development, a name taken from the De Havilland Aircraft Company. Similarly, all the names for the homes will have aviation links.
The homes in Upwood are being developed by Evera Homes, a joint venture created and capitalised by Flagship Group, Hyde Group, Longhurst Group and Cross Keys Homes.
Twenty-four of the homes at the Upwood site will be affordable, the firm said.
You may also want to watch:
Evera Homes was launched in 2018 to tackle the acute housing shortage by delivering homes at a greater pace. The plan is to deliver an additional 2,000 new homes by 2023.
Claire Higgins, Chair of Evera Homes said: "De Havilland Gardens is our first development and it is fantastic to see the progress that is being made."
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k