New head appointed at Sawtry Village Academy has “high expectations”.
- Credit: Archant
Sarah Wilson has been appointed as the permanent principal of Sawtry Village Academy by Cambridge Meridian Academy Trust (CMAT).
Mrs Wilson led the interim leadership team that took over Sawtry Village College in July 2014 after the college was placed in special measures, and the departure of former principal James Stewart.
She has since implemented a number of changes and improvements, and was praised by Ofsted in a HMI report last year for having “galvanised staff and created a cohesive and effective senior leadership team”.
“Sawtry Village Academy is a school with a history of good academic results,” said Mrs Wilson.
“It is a school with high expectations and as a part of CMAT we will be working closely with those in the local area; working towards restoring its reputation and position as a valued member of the community.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Wilson added: “I am pleased and excited about being appointed as the permanent principal at Sawtry. CMAT have worked closely with us in implementing and pushing forward positive changes in order to get the academy moving out of special measures.”
Mrs Wilson also led the move for the college joining Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust. CMAT worked closely with the interim leadership team before it officially joined the trust; providing additional support and guidance.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
CMAT officially took control of Sawtry Village College on April 1, 2015 – opening as Sawtry Village Academy after Easter
Mark Woods, executive principal of CMAT, said: “We are pleased to announce the appointment of Sarah Wilson as permanent principal. We have been continually impressed by the work and changes she has already made, with her team, at the academy and we hope this move shows our commitment to the work she is doing, and to the consistency we want to see at Sawtry Village Academy.”