New era as primary school joins academy trust
- Credit: Archant
The first day of term marked the start of a new era for Upwood Primary School, which joined Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET) as Upwood Primary Academy.
It becomes the fourth school to join the multi-academy trust, alongside Thomas Deacon Academy, Queen Katharine Academy and Gladstone Primary Academy.
Sharon Whitelaw, head teacher, said: “We are very excited to be joining TDET and for the new opportunities that being part of a multi-academy trust will bring. We are particularly looking forward to working with other schools in the trust to further improve standards for our children as we strive towards becoming an ‘outstanding’ school.
“TDET will provide a collaborative platform for shared learning and resources which will benefit all children.”
and young people within the Trust, enriching the lives of all stakeholders. We are keen to begin the journey with TDET straight away.”
You may also want to watch:
Julie Taylor, chief executive of TDET, added: “We are thrilled to welcome Upwood Primary Academy on board as they will undoubtedly be a great asset to the trust.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured