New comic book shop welcomes first customers
- Credit: Archant
A brand new comic book store has officially opened its doors in St Ives, after a retail worker decided to follow his passion for the magazines.
First Order Comics, in Bull Lane, welcomed its first customers on December 10 when 22-year-old Nathan Vaughan spotted a gap in the market in the town.
“The day went great, and the response from everybody was amazing,” he said.
“I wasn’t expecting the huge queue of people that came flooding into the shop when I opened the doors. It was fantastic. The opening day couldn’t have gone any better.”
The shop sells Marvel and DC comics, trading cards and graphic novels, as well as DVDs, board games, toys and models.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve always loved comic books ever since I was a kid,” Nathan said.
“I like both the stories and the artwork. I think it’s a great way to get kids to read if they don’t like reading books.”
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 7 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery
He added: “It’s somewhere anyone can come to buy for birthdays and Christmas, as I know the people in town often struggle for such things and often have to go elsewhere or online for gifts.”
First Order Comics is open from 11am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, but trades until 6pm on Tuesdays. It opens from 9am to 5.30pm on Saturdays, and is closed on Sundays.