New comic book shop welcomes first customers
- Credit: Archant
A brand new comic book store has officially opened its doors in St Ives, after a retail worker decided to follow his passion for the magazines.
First Order Comics, in Bull Lane, welcomed its first customers on December 10 when 22-year-old Nathan Vaughan spotted a gap in the market in the town.
“The day went great, and the response from everybody was amazing,” he said.
“I wasn’t expecting the huge queue of people that came flooding into the shop when I opened the doors. It was fantastic. The opening day couldn’t have gone any better.”
The shop sells Marvel and DC comics, trading cards and graphic novels, as well as DVDs, board games, toys and models.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve always loved comic books ever since I was a kid,” Nathan said.
“I like both the stories and the artwork. I think it’s a great way to get kids to read if they don’t like reading books.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
He added: “It’s somewhere anyone can come to buy for birthdays and Christmas, as I know the people in town often struggle for such things and often have to go elsewhere or online for gifts.”
First Order Comics is open from 11am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, but trades until 6pm on Tuesdays. It opens from 9am to 5.30pm on Saturdays, and is closed on Sundays.