New attraction opens in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
There was such a thirst for milkshakes in Ramsey that owners of a new shop that sells them have advised avoiding “rush hour”.
Milkshake Junction, on the corner of Great Whyte and High Street, was officially opened by the Mayor of Ramsey Councillor Ian Curtis.
Each shake is made from scratch, a three-minute process, and customers queued for up to an hour in its first week of trading.
Director of the family-owned and run business, Vinay Thawait, a teacher, said it had been a great learning curve.
“We were overwhelmed to see very high response from the local community. We never expected such a great response.
“There has been a buzz in the air and everyone was enjoying milkshake.”
On Facebook, customers were advised to avoid the after-school rush and were assured plans for more blenders and staff were in hand.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
The shop also sells cookies, sweets, hot drinks and soft drinks.
INFORMATION: Milkshake Junction is open 10am-6pm Monday-Friday and 9.30am-6pm Saturdays.