New attraction opens in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
There was such a thirst for milkshakes in Ramsey that owners of a new shop that sells them have advised avoiding “rush hour”.
Milkshake Junction, on the corner of Great Whyte and High Street, was officially opened by the Mayor of Ramsey Councillor Ian Curtis.
Each shake is made from scratch, a three-minute process, and customers queued for up to an hour in its first week of trading.
Director of the family-owned and run business, Vinay Thawait, a teacher, said it had been a great learning curve.
“We were overwhelmed to see very high response from the local community. We never expected such a great response.
You may also want to watch:
“There has been a buzz in the air and everyone was enjoying milkshake.”
On Facebook, customers were advised to avoid the after-school rush and were assured plans for more blenders and staff were in hand.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
The shop also sells cookies, sweets, hot drinks and soft drinks.
INFORMATION: Milkshake Junction is open 10am-6pm Monday-Friday and 9.30am-6pm Saturdays.