New £1 million fund all ears for big community ideas in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
A brand new fund, initially worth £1 million is being launched to help community organisations with big ideas invest in people and communities.
Cambridgeshire County Council has set up the Cambridgeshire Communities Innovation Fund to help make those ideas become a reality and make a positive impact on people’s lives, and preventing them needing other services.
The fund is being launched at the Parish Council Conference on November 18 by County Councillor Steve Criswell, followed by a promotional campaign for the wider community sector.
The aim is to encourage community organisations to use their local expertise and talents to deliver projects across a range of areas where the County Council delivers services, helping people to stay safe, independent and well. The fund is part of a wider programme aiming to transform the way the Council works alongside Cambridgeshire’s communities.
Cambridgeshire Community Foundation is managing the fund on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council and details about how to apply are on their website. Bids are invited from the voluntary, community and social enterprise sectors, and any other public sector organisation in Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire County Councillor Steve Criswell, who leads the community resilience strategy, said: “We are very excited by the Cambridgeshire Communities Innovation Fund as it has the potential to change people’s lives for the better. We recognise that communities are already doing wonderful work and have great ideas to enhance people lives and can often prevent the need for costly services. By investing in those ideas we can help create more sustainable and cost effective solutions, which are delivered in communities. If you’ve an exciting idea, we would love to hear from you.”
For more information and to apply go to http://www.cambscf.org.uk/ccif.html
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity