Man, 22, charged with causing death by dangerous driving set for court appearance
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged following a fatal collision on Wednesday.
Neville Smith, 22, of no fixed abode, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing death by driving whilst disqualified, causing death by driving whilst unlicensed/uninsured, failing to stop after a road accident, making off without making payment, theft from a motor vehicle, fraud by false representation and aggravated vehicle taking.
He is due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today (Friday).
Michael Alan Howard, 42, from Burrett Road, Walsoken, Wisbech died when the grey Suzuki GSXR 750 K4 he was riding was involved in a collision with two cars on Bretton Way, near Peterborough.
A 16-year-old girl from Peterborough who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and aggravated vehicle taking has been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old from man Peterborough who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, theft of a motor vehicle and drug driving has also been released under investigation.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'