Network Rail to consult on closing level crossings in Huntingdonshire
- Credit: Archant
Network Rail is continuing to gauge public opinion on its plans to close a number of level crossings.
A list of crossing points on the East Coast Mainline between London and Doncaster are included in the consultation, which started this month.
The majority are footpaths but there are some road crossings, including three at Holme, near Ramsey – known as Holme, Holme Lode and Conington North.
Among those on paths proposed for closure are Firbanks No.1 in Offord Cluny; Offord Gills; Love Lane, St Neots; and Abbots Ripton.
A series of public exhibitions have been planned and people are invited to go along and have their say.
You may also want to watch:
Holme Village Hall will host one from 4-8pm on Thursday, June 26, about the proposed Holme closures. The Offord Gills closure will be the subject of an exhibition at Offord Village Hall from 11am-3pm on Saturday, July 19, and from 2-8pm on Tuesday, July 24.
INFORMATION: To comment, email ECMLlevelcrossings@networkrail.co.uk.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 4 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment