Neighbours scoop thousands of pounds in Postcode Lottery win
- Credit: Archant
A group of lucky neighbours from St Ives are celebrating after winning thousands of pounds through the People’s Postcode Lottery on Sunday.
Four of the Warren Road winners, who play with the postcode PE27 5NX, won £30,000 each, while another resident scooped £90,000.
Kenneth Ewing accepted a cheque for £30,000 on behalf of his partner Venus.
After speaking with her on the phone, Kenneth said: “She’s very, very excited about it and she’s already decided we’re going on a trip.”
The 50-year-old civil servant, who plays with three tickets, then discovered he had won £90,000 and revealed he has a huge surprise in store for Venus: “When my partner said she’d like to sign up for People’s Postcode Lottery, I looked at all the different charities the money goes to and I thought it’s a great thing so I secretly bought three more tickets and didn’t tell her.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrea Rogers, 65, said: “I think I’ve been put in a state of total shock. The fact that playing helps good causes is important as well, you don’t feel as if you’re just throwing money away.”
Another £30,000 winner on the street is 69-year-old Patricia Chalkley, who was delighted with her prize. She joked: “I’m thinking about whether I should tell my kids or not.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
More than £246 million to date has been raised by players of People’s Postcode Lottery for more than 3,000 good causes across Great Britain and internationally.
A local cause which has received support from players is Peterborough-based Froglife, which received £19,836 last year to deliver an accessible and inclusive programme of activities to help local schoolchildren learn more about amphibians and reptiles.
For more information on People’s Postcode Lottery, visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk.