Needingworth nurse hangs up her stethoscope
- Credit: Archant
A nurse whose career spanned more than four decades has retired.
Colleagues organised a party for Susan Martin, community respiratory nurse specialist at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
The Needingworth resident completed her general training in 1973 and worked in orthapaedics and midwifery before taking up respiratory medicine.
She set up the team at the Huntingdon hospital which works in the community, stretching into Fenland.
She said: “I hope to continue working with the local respiratory support groups who do a wonderful job supporting patients and their families who suffer from this dreadful disease.”
You may also want to watch:
Susan said she plans to spend more time with her family and thanked colleagues for their support over the years.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k