Nearly 25 homes burgled in St Neots and surrounding villages in a month
OFFICERS have issued a warning to residents in and around St Neots after a spate of burglaries.
Nearly 25 homes in Eaton Socon, Eaton Ford, Southoe, Little Paxton, Great Staughton, Buckden and Perry have been burgled since September 3.
Detective Inspector Jon McAdam said that most offences happened during the day.
He added: “In the past month we have seen a rise in burglaries in the town and surrounding area which we believe may be part of a series.
“The majority of offences are happening during the day with offenders targeting homes while people are working.
You may also want to watch:
“Local officers are working with the force’s tactical team and traffic officers to increase patrols in the targeted areas and work is ongoing to trace those responsible.
“The public also play an important role and I would urge people to remain vigilant to activity in their neighbourhood, reporting anything out of the ordinary or suspicious to police.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.