Nearly 25 homes burgled in St Neots and surrounding villages in a month
OFFICERS have issued a warning to residents in and around St Neots after a spate of burglaries.
Nearly 25 homes in Eaton Socon, Eaton Ford, Southoe, Little Paxton, Great Staughton, Buckden and Perry have been burgled since September 3.
Detective Inspector Jon McAdam said that most offences happened during the day.
He added: “In the past month we have seen a rise in burglaries in the town and surrounding area which we believe may be part of a series.
“The majority of offences are happening during the day with offenders targeting homes while people are working.
“Local officers are working with the force’s tactical team and traffic officers to increase patrols in the targeted areas and work is ongoing to trace those responsible.
“The public also play an important role and I would urge people to remain vigilant to activity in their neighbourhood, reporting anything out of the ordinary or suspicious to police.”
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.