National TV appeal after Huntingdon robbery
THE robbery of a 71-year-old man at a Huntingdon cashpoint was due to feature on last night’s episode of the BBC’s Crimewatch programme.
THE robbery of a 71-year-old man at a Huntingdon cashpoint will feature on BBC’s Crimewatch programme tomorrow (Tuesday).
Police officers will use the programme, to be broadcast at 9pm on BBC1, to make an appeal for information and show CCTV images of two men they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
The robbery happened at 9.30am on April 8, when the 71-year-old victim was approached by two men as he used the ATM outside Sainsbury’s, in St Germain Walk, Huntingdon. They distracted him after he had entered his PIN number before helping themselves to his cash.
The pair ran off to a dark blue saloon car in Priory Road when a security guard approached them.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Kirsten Kitchen, investigating, said: “We believe the men we want to speak to may not be local so we’re hoping the national appeal will help us to trace them.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call DC Kitchen on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimewatch, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 5 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 8 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 9 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Plastic burgers and teething troubles - the Modern Mum