National TV appeal after Huntingdon robbery
THE robbery of a 71-year-old man at a Huntingdon cashpoint was due to feature on last night’s episode of the BBC’s Crimewatch programme.
THE robbery of a 71-year-old man at a Huntingdon cashpoint will feature on BBC’s Crimewatch programme tomorrow (Tuesday).
Police officers will use the programme, to be broadcast at 9pm on BBC1, to make an appeal for information and show CCTV images of two men they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
The robbery happened at 9.30am on April 8, when the 71-year-old victim was approached by two men as he used the ATM outside Sainsbury’s, in St Germain Walk, Huntingdon. They distracted him after he had entered his PIN number before helping themselves to his cash.
The pair ran off to a dark blue saloon car in Priory Road when a security guard approached them.
Detective constable Kirsten Kitchen, investigating, said: “We believe the men we want to speak to may not be local so we’re hoping the national appeal will help us to trace them.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call DC Kitchen on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimewatch, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 6 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 7 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 10 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives