St Neots-based centre recognised at care home awards
- Credit: Archant
Alan Dedicoat - the voice behind Strictly Come Dancing and the National Lottery - surprised the St Neots based Marbrook Centre as he announced the winners of the Best Specialist Care Service at a glamorous event in London, as part of the national Care Home Awards.
The Marbrook Centre beat off competition from other eight finalists with the judges praising the care and rehabilitation outcome's they achieve with their patients and their families, enabled by team Marbrook's multidisciplinary nursing care team.
Robert Myers, head of care pathways, said: "I was so proud to represent the Marbrook team at this prestigious event and thrilled that all their collective skills, energy and commitment enabling each individual we support to regain as much control and choice over their lives. The Marbrook Centre is a newly-built bespoke centre, but it's the collective talents of all the people who work within it that creates this award winning service."
The Marbrook Centre is a neuro rehabilitation centre on the Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire borders, which opened in May, 2016.
Its services include neuro physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, clinical neuro psychology and Addenbrooke's consultant cover. It offers fast and slow stream outcome focused rehab packages for those living post a life-changing incident such as ABI, spinal cord injury or stroke and long-term neurological conditions.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a specialist a-typical dementia service within the centre (using Stirling University's dementia friendly design best practice) which cares for those living with early onset dementia and other conditions such as Korsakoff Syndrome.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house