Murdered tot Amina Agboola’s mum given suspended sentence for neglect
- Credit: Archant
A mother has been handed a suspended jail sentence after her boyfriend murdered her toddler daughter.
Amina Agboola was just two when she died of her injuries inflicted by former Sawtry student Dean Harris.
Sarah Racqueman, of Scott Drive, Yaxley, was sentenced at Cambridge Crown Court on Friday (July 11) after admitting two counts of neglect. She had also been accused of causing or allowing her daughter’s death, but was cleared by a jury.
Harris, 19, was convicted of murder following a trial and will be sentenced at a later date.
The court heard how the toddler had been kicked so hard by the teenager that it ruptured her liver. She also had a number of other injuries, including an untreated broken wrist.
You may also want to watch:
Racqueman had been repeatedly warned that Harris had a history of violence, drug use and had abused a former girlfriend.
The 29-year-old was sentenced to 11 months in prison, suspended for 18 months.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment