Murder investigation launched after stabbing in Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a murder investigation after a man was stabbed in Eaton Socon.
Emergency services were called at about 5.25pm yesterday (Sunday) with reports that the man, who is in his 30s, had received serious injuries in Prince Close.
Despite efforts from paramedics to save him, the man died at the scene.
The death is being treated as murder and a police cordon remains up at the scene.
One man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at Colindale Police Station.
You may also want to watch:
Four people have also been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. A man and a woman remain in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station and a man and a woman remain in custody at Colindale Police Station.
Detective Chief Inspector Mike Branston who is investigating said the death was being treated as an isolated incident.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
He said: "We will be continuing enquiries today in and around the Eaton Socon area while our investigation into the death continues."
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting incident 367 of 13 October or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.