Mums’ anger at stolen school sign
ANGRY mums at a St Ives school were stunned to discover that a banner advertising their summer fete had been stolen.
Members of Eastfield School’s PTA are reassuring local people that the annual fundraising event is still going ahead on Saturday.
Zoe Weaver, 38, is chairman of the parent and teacher association.
She said: “One of our dads designed it and we were really proud of it. It was there on Sunday night but gone on Monday.
“Who would do that to a school? It’s really weird. I know I shouldn’t but I’ve taken it personally.
“We have all put so much work into the fete, I want people to know it’s still happening.”
The Eastfield School summer fete is open from 1.30pm to 4pm and this year has an Olympic theme.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 9 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
There will be running races and a Beat the Goalie competition, as well as usual summer fete staples such as tombola and refreshments.