Mum Carli prepares for three-day charity trek
- Credit: Archant
A mum-of-four is to take on a gruelling three day trek that will see her encounter volcanic terrain and glaciers in aid of a breast
Carli Beary, of East Street, Bluntisham, will take part in a 58 kilometre challenge, across Iceland, in order to promote awareness of the importance of young women checking for signs of cancer, and also to raise money for the charity Coppafeel.
The trek, starting on August 7, will see Carli team up with woman that have gone through breast cancer and personality Chloe Madeley, as well as Geordie Shore and I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here’s Vicky Patterson.
Carli, aged 36, said: “The trek is going to be amazing as it will give me the opportunity to help others but at the same time it is definitely going to be emotional as I will be with people that have had their breasts removed and will be hearing their stories.”
Mrs Beary decided to sign up for the trek after reading about the opportunity in the magazine section of a national newspaper.
You may also want to watch:
“My nan had passed away in January and I was feeling down but when I spotted the article about it in the magazine I knew this would be something I can do to make a difference so I filled out the application form.”
It wasn’t until last month that the Borney marketing director found out that she would be going and has since then been fundraising and training.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
“I will be doing my normal exercise training but I will also be walking around Grafham Water and the Peak District to get ready for the trek.”
To raise the money needed before the challenge Mrs Beary has organised a ladies night at the White Hart pub in Godmanchester on April 29.
“There will also be a raffle which Borney will be donating a prize for at the Huntingdonshire Business Fair.”