Mr Wolfe helps rescue dog stuck in railings in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A firefighter named Wolfe was among those who came to the rescue of a hapless hound whose head had become stuck in railings.
An eight-year-old Beagle called Rolo was trapped in a side gate in Hamlet Close, Huntingdon, and his concerned owners called in Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service at about 1.10pm yesterday (Sunday).
A crew from Huntingdon, including firefighter John Wolfe, responded and freed the relieved Rolo.
Crew commander Scott Wormald said: “Rolo was very distressed when we arrived and was clearly stuck.
“We used hydraulic hand operated equipment to make an area large enough to free Rolo within minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“His owner was very happy with the outcome and Rolo was safe and well.”
The rescue was complete in less than half an hour and the crew was back at the station by 1.40pm.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan