Mountain Warehouse submits plans for new store in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Retailer Mountain Warehouse has submitted plans that could see it open a new store in St Ives.
The leisure and outdoor wear chain has applied to Huntingdonshire District Council for permission to erect its signage on the premises that was formerly occupied by clothing chain New Look, which closed earlier this month.
The application is for two sets of fascia signs and a hanging sign outside the empty unit.
New Look closed its Crown Street store amid a raft of closures by the firm across the country, including a store in St Neots and in Huntingdon.
Mountain Warehouse also has applied to open a branch in the former St Neots branch of New Look.
You may also want to watch:
New Look released a statement in March confirming plans to close some of its existing stores around the UK due to poor trading performance and increasing pressure from internet retailers.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder