All change in town after retailers announce shop plans
- Credit: Archant
It could be one in and one out in St Neots after two retailers announced plans for their stores.
Mountain Warehouse could be set to move into the town, according to plans submitted to Huntingdonshire District Council in the last week.
But fashion chain New Look has confirmed to the Hunts Post that its Market Square store will be closing on October 15, amid a raft of closures across the country.
Mountain Warehouse, which specialises in outdoor clothing and equipment, has applied for permission to put up signage at 41 Market Square, on the premises which will be vacated by New Look.
Both fascia and hanging signs have been proposed for the premises.
The firm has also advertised for sales assistants and a store manager for the proposed St Neots outlet on job website Indeed, with the listing stating that the store would open “in the autumn”.
Mountain Warehouse has more than 240 stores across the UK and Europe and was founded in 1997. It also has an outlet at Huntingdon Garden and Leisure, in Wyton.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 3 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 4 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 5 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
- 8 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 9 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 10 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
A spokesman for New Look was unable to confirm how many jobs would be affected by the closure announcement. The news follows the closure of the chain’s Huntingdon branch earlier in the year.
To find out more about the Mountain Warehouse plans, log on to www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk.