Motorists warned of A1 closure at Buckden after collision
- Credit: Archant
Motorists could face delays on their journeys following a collision on the A1 southbound this afternoon (Thursday).
The incident happened on the stretch of road between the B661 Perry Road, in Buckden and Diddington at around 3.10pm.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We called at 3:10pm to the A1 at Diddington to reports of a two vehicle collision. As a result of the incident it appears that one female injured.”
Crews from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service and the East of England Ambulance Service are also at the scene.
Following the accident the A1 Great North Road in Buckden has been closed as a result and there is queuing traffic between Buckden roundabout and the Southhoe turn off.
You may also want to watch:
There is also congestion at the Offord turn off.
Drivers are being advised to use alternative routes and avoid the area if possible.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack