Motorists’ commuter woe after crash closes part of A14
COMMUTERS face travel chaos this evening after a lorry and a car crashed on the A14 this afternoon (Thursday).
Emergency services were called to the eastbound carriageway a quarter of a mile from Fenstanton after the incident at 3.15pm.
A police spokesman said the central reservation had been damaged in the crash.
A woman, in her 60s, was extricated from the car but refused treatment from paramedics.
He added: “The outside lane has been closed.”
Queues were building as far back as Godmanchester and are expected to get worse during rush hour.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 7 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 10 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named