Motorist taken to hospital after collision near Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was taken to hospital this morning after a collision involving a car and a lorry near Godmanchester.
The accident happened this at around 6:35am, with the fire and ambulance service attending.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “On Thursday (21) at 6.25am, one crew from Cambridge, one crew from Papworth and one crew from Huntingdon were called to a road traffic collision on the A14 Eastbound near Godmanchester.
“Crews arrived to find a collision involving a lorry and a car. Firefighters used specialist equipment to release one casualty from the car which was in a ditch.
“The casualty was left in the care of the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews returned to their stations by 8.10am.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said that one patient has been taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further treatment.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?