Motorist suffers back injury in Sawtry smash
- Credit: Archant
A woman was rushed to hospital following a collision in Sawtry last night (Tuesday).
Fire crews from Yaxley and Sawtry, and paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service were called shortly after 6pm to Gidding Road after reports a crash.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “This was a single vehicle collision and firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to remove the roof of the vehicle and rescue a casualty, who was taken to hospital by ambulance.”
Police were also in attendance and the road was closed while emergency services worked to clear the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Two rapid response vehicles and an ambulance crew were sent and treated a woman, believed to be in her 40s, for back pains.
You may also want to watch:
“After receiving treatment at the scene she was then taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further treatment in a stable condition.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need