Motorcyclist rescued from ditch after accident on A428 near St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Ladders and a stretcher had to be used to rescue a man who ended up in a roadside ditch after an accident on the A428 near St Neots.
A motorbike and a car were involved in a collision on the bypass near Tesco at about 8pm yesterday (Tuesday).
The crash resulted in the motorbike leaving the road and toppling 5 metres down an embankment.
Firefighters from St Neots and Gamlingay, with help from Magpas helimedix and an East of England Ambulance Service crew, were involved in the rescue.
The man, who was said to have been in his 40s and had suffered injuries to his upper body, was given pain relief and then carried to an ambulance on a stretcher.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he was in a stable condition.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan