Motorcyclist killed in Glatton crash identified by police
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist who died following a collision near Glatton on Monday has been identified by police.
Christopher John Arnett, 60, from Coates, near Whittlesey, died from injuries sustained in a collision with a car in Glatton Way, between the A1 and Glaton.
The incident happened at about 10.20am on Monday, with the East of England Ambulance Service and Cambridgeshire police called after reports of a collision between a 1,000cc blue and white Suzuki GSXR motorbike and a black Volkswagen Golf car.
Mr Arnett was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, but later died.
The driver of the car, a 43-year-old man from Diss, in Norfolk, was not seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed to allow police inquiries to take place and was reopened at about 4.30pm.
Anyone who saw the collision is asked to contact PC Ian Gray the road policing unit on 101.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?