Motorcyclist left fighting for his life following serious crash in St Ives
- Credit: Google Earth
A motorcyclist was left fighting for his life, after a serious crash in St Ives.
On Saturday, November 20, at about 11.10am a red Yamaha YZF was involved in a collision with a black Mercedes CLS 320 on the A1123 close to the roundabout with Harrison Way.
Paramedics, including the air ambulance, attended and the 48-year-old motorcyclist was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment.
He remains in a critical condition.
Police are now appealing for witnesses following the crash.
The driver of the Mercedes, a 67-year-old man, remained at the scene and has been spoken to by police. No arrests have been made.
Sergeant Ian Leeson said: “This was a serious collision which has left a man in critical condition in hospital.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tobias Taylor earns GB call after second national schools boxing title
“We’re appealing for anyone who saw the collision, or either vehicle in the build-up to it, to contact us as a matter of urgency.
“We are particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have dashcam footage.”
Anyone without internet access should call 101. Always dial 999 in an emergency.