Motorcyclist left fighting for his life following serious crash in St Ives
- Credit: Google Earth
A motorcyclist was left fighting for his life, after a serious crash in St Ives.
On Saturday, November 20, at about 11.10am a red Yamaha YZF was involved in a collision with a black Mercedes CLS 320 on the A1123 close to the roundabout with Harrison Way.
Paramedics, including the air ambulance, attended and the 48-year-old motorcyclist was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment.
He remains in a critical condition.
Police are now appealing for witnesses following the crash.
The driver of the Mercedes, a 67-year-old man, remained at the scene and has been spoken to by police. No arrests have been made.
Sergeant Ian Leeson said: “This was a serious collision which has left a man in critical condition in hospital.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 8 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
“We’re appealing for anyone who saw the collision, or either vehicle in the build-up to it, to contact us as a matter of urgency.
“We are particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have dashcam footage.”
Anyone without internet access should call 101. Always dial 999 in an emergency.